The Rose Festival is held from during the first weekend of June and it is annual festival. The Festival has been organized annually since 1903 in Kazanlak. It celebrates our deep connection to the Rosa Damascena – the Bulgarian oil-bearing rose and all the gifts it has blessed the Rose Valley with for centuries. Cultural, dance, music, artistic, social and sports events.
The tomb is part of a large royal Thracian necropolis in the Valley of the Thracian Rulers near their ancient capital of Seuthopolis in a region where more than a thousand tombs of kings and members of the Thracian aristocracy can be found. The monument dates back to the 4th century BCE and has been on the UNESCO protected World Heritage Site list since 1979
The Museum of Roses has a rich collection of objects, pictures and documents that reveal the history of Bulgarian oleaginous-roses growing. These exhibits are located in three halls. Inside the museum one can see instruments used for processing rose gardens, utensils for storage and export of rose oil and rose water. There is also a reproduction of a rose-oil depot and of the first rose-oil examination laboratory.
Historical Museum was established in 1901. It shows history of region of Kazanlak in different periods The Main collections exhibited in the museum are: collection of coins (ancient, medieval, modern), collection of jewelry (Neolithic, ancient times, medieval and modern work), weapons of the revival, prehistoric pottery and idols, ancient pottery, Roman pottery.
The Tomb of Seuthes III is grave of King Seuthes lll.(was the King of the Odrysian Kingdom of Thrace from ca. 331 BC to ca. 300 BC. The tomb has an impressive façade. The first room is rectangular and has a rainbow-shaped, double-pitched roof. A horse had been sacrificed in this chamber. The next room is circular and domed, while the third room is carved in a huge stone block.
Shipka Monastery is a Bulgarian Orthodox church built near the town of Shipka in Stara Planina between 1885 and 1902, dedicated to the Russian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian soldiers that died for the liberation of Bulgaria in the Russo-Turkish War, 1877-78. Shipka Memorial Temple has gold-plated domes. The church's bell tower reaches a height of 53 m and its bells, the heaviest of which weighs 12 tons, were cast from the cartridges that were collected after the battles.